Thank you for considering employment with the City of Page. Our goal is to ensure that each applicant is fairly treated and fully recognized for all relevant experience and training. Please assist us by carefully reading the following guidelines before filling out your application. You are encouraged to call the Human Resources Department, (928) 645-4231, if you need further assistance.
1. The City of Page only accepts applications for open positions.
2. Please check for current vacancies by clicking here. If there are positions for which you qualify, you may fill out online or download the City of Page Employment Application by clicking here. (Works best with Internet Explorer)
3. Your application is the first step toward employment with the City of Page. You should make certain that each answer is complete and easy to read. A separate application is required for each open position.
4. Your application introduces you to us. Therefore, you should provide detailed information about your experience and education. You may add additional pages if you wish. Do not let the application form limit you in your transmittal of information to us. You may, of course, attach a detailed resume to your application.
5. You should make certain that you clearly provide us with information about prior training, experience, and education in the areas indicated on the job announcement.
6. Please note the closing date of the position for which you are applying and whether there is any testing that must be completed during the application process.
The position openings are updated regularly. Some positions require testing or a Commercial Drivers License (CDL). All positions require a City of Page employment application. Applications may be obtained from the City of Page City Hall, 697 Vista Avenue, P.O. Box 1180, Page, Arizona 86040 or by calling (928) 645-4231. City applications may also be filled out online by clicking here.(Works best with Internet Explorer) Additional information may be obtained by going to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section.
Applicants must submit a completed job application for each position for which they are applying. This application may be mailed to City of Page Personnel Department, P.O. Box 1180, Page, Arizona; faxed to (928) 645-4244 with the original sent through the U.S. Mail to the City of Page Personnel Department, P.O. Box 1180, Page, Arizona 86040; or personally delivered to City Hall at 697 Vista Avenue, Page, Arizona.
Where do I get an application?
Applicants may obtain City of Page employment applications in three ways:
1. Fill out the employment application form from this website.(Works best with Internet Explorer)
2. Pick up an employment application at the City of Page City Hall which is located at 697 Vista Avenue, Page, Arizona 86040.
3. Request that an employment application form be sent to you via U.S. Mail by calling (928) 645-8861.
Where do I submit an application?
Applicants may submit applications in four ways:
1. Applications may be mailed to City of Page Personnel Department, P.O. Box 1180, Page, Arizona;
2. Applications may be faxed to (928) 645-4233 with the original sent through the U.S. Mail to the City of Page Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 1180, Page, Arizona 86040; or
3. Applications may be personally delivered to City Hall at 697 Vista Avenue, Page, Arizona.
4. Fill out application online.
May I leave a copy of my resume on file for future job openings?
Because of the volume of inquiries that the City of Page receives, we do not keep resumes on file. The City of Page only accepts applications for positions that are currently open.
Do I need to submit a separate application for each position for which I wish to apply?
A separate application is required for each position for which you apply. Photocopies of applications are acceptable; however, each application must have an original signature and the correct job title. Each application submitted may contain only one job vacancy title.
Do I have to fill out all portions of the application if I attach a resume?
You must completely fill out all sections of the application even if you attach a resume.
Please explain the application closing date.
The application must be received by 5:00 P.M., M.S.T., on the final filing date in order to be considered; however, to meet the 5:00 P.M. deadline, applications may be faxed to (928) 645-4233 with the original sent through the U.S. Mail to the City of Page Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 1180, Page, Arizona 86040.
Explain the testing process.
Some positions require tests for screening purposes. If the vacancy announcement indicates a date, time, and place for testing, all applicants must take the test. Otherwise, if required, tests are scheduled by individual Departments. If chosen for interview and the Department in which the position exists requires a test, you will be notified of the time and location of the test at the time that you are notified of the interview. A passing score must be achieved on all required tests. Test scores are valid for one (1) year.
Explain the application screening process.
An applicant must meet the minimum qualifications as stated on the job description. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of prior training, experience, and education in the areas deemed most important to successful performance on the job. The highest-rated candidates are invited to interview for the position.
How long after I apply might I be called for an interview?
The time varies depending upon the Department involved; however, you may contact the Human Resources Department at (928) 645-4231 for updated information.
How often is job vacancy information updated?
Job vacancy information on the Web is updated as positions are filled or opened. Please note that the availability of each position is subject to change at any time.
Where else can I find information about job vacancies?
All open positions are posted at the City of Page City Hall, 697 Vista Avenue, Page, Arizona, and are usually advertised in the Lake Powell Chronicle which is published on Wednesdays. Technical and professional positions may be posted on the internet on industry related job boards.
The City of Page has a competitive employment benefit package offering medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance. In addition, the City of Page for all employees other than those in the Public Safety Department contributes seven percent (7%) of the employee's wages to an ICMA Retirement Plan. Public Safety Department employees are covered under the Public Safety Retirement System. The City of Page provides life insurance for each employee in an amount equal to one year's annual salary. Employee sick leave and vacation leave are governed by the City of Page Personnel Rules. Entry level employees receive ten (10) vacation leave days per year and twelve (12) sick leave days per year. In addition, each employee receives three (3) days of personal leave per year.